Checklist Part 1: Before the Game
I read Part 1, entitled "Before the Game".
Here's what it said: "Before you step into your float tank, aim for the following":
- Reduce your jet lag
- Locate your deep tissue injuries while floating
- As you float, identify any imbalanced muscle tension
- Release your stress
- Eliminate noisy thoughts for better focus and concentration
- Visualize key movements
- Do not leave the tank until you have achieved mental clarity
- Leave relaxed, go home, and sleep well.
I looked around the room. I couldn't find the trainer who had originally opened the door to this secret Blue Room, so I kept on reading the checklist.
Checklist Part 2: After the Game
Part 2 of the checklist began with these words: "After your post-game float, check off which benefits especially applied to you after today's game":
Here's the list of benefits I read in my dream:
- Release of lactic acid
- Better flow of lymphatic fluids
- Relief of pain
- Reduced fatigue
- Accelerated recovery from injuries
- Boosted levels of energy
- Relaxed muscles
I saw checkmarks beside every one of these. No wonder these guys looked so good!
Just then, in my dream, I heard a loud noise behind me as the huge door to the Blue Room slid open! I had been found out!!
As it turned out, my dog was scratching at our bedroom door and woke me up.
The secret and silent Blue Room, the numbered float tanks, the clipboards and checklists all turned out to be only a dream.
But the 13 benefits to float therapy are not a dream.
Make your own checklist of how float therapy helps you.
To explore more of how floating can benefit you, click here.